Instructs and evaluates students on work ethics in all programs of study in designated courses in each of the academic schools, excluding Arts and Sciences. The ten work ethic traits: appearance, attendance, attitude, character, communication, cooperation, organizational skills, productivity, respect and teamwork are defined as essential for student success and are listed below.
The definition of each of these traits has been integrated into the program courses of each program curriculum, thereby allowing each program to make work ethics a relevant and meaningful part of the program curriculum.
good to know.
- Appearance: Displays proper dress, grooming, hygiene, and manners.
- Attendance: Attends class, arrives and leaves on time, tells instructor in advance of planned absences, and makes up assignment promptly.
- Attitude: Shows a positive attitude, appears confident and has true hopes of self.
- Character: Displays loyalty, honesty, dependability, reliability, initiative, and self-control.
- Communication: Displays proper verbal and non-verbal skills and listens.
- Cooperation: Displays leadership skills; properly handles criticism, conflicts, and stress; maintains proper relationships with peers and follows chain of command.
- Organizational Skill: Shows skills in management, prioritizing, and dealing with change.
- Productivity: Follows safety practices, conserves resources, and follows instructions.
- Respect: Deals properly with diversity, shows understanding and tolerance.
- Teamwork: Respects rights of others, is a team worker, is helpful, is confident, displays a customer service attitude, and seeks continuous learning.
Three primary results of the work ethics program make it a winning proposition for all concerned. The results are:
- Students begin employment with positive work ethic skills, which will enhance their value as employees.
- Instructors develop more motivated and attentive students.
- Employers acquire employees with desirable work habits.
more about Best practises
About the video
About the audio
Submit your review